run command when change to ou=something,dc=example,dc=com was made?

I have a program that reads data from ou=something,dc=example,dc=com, and then creates config files out of it.

It currently runs from cron, but as the changes are made rather seldom (but should be made almost immediately), I feel that this constant pulling of OpenLDAP server, creating config files, running from crontab every few minutes is a little waste of resources.

Is it possible to configure OpenLDAP in a way, that when a change to ou=something,dc=example,dc=com was made (and *only* to ou=something; it shouldn't notify if the change was done to ou=Users etc.), it executes a command/creates a file etc.?

-- Tomek http://wpkg.org