Re: Help -- replication broken with 2.1 -> 2.2 Master upgrade!

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Wednesday, September 07, 2005 3:35 PM -0400 Victor Danilchenko <danilche@cs.umass.edu> wrote:

Which replication log remains empty?  The slapd replog, or the slurpd
replog?

The one slapd is supposed to produce, and slurpd is supposed to consume
-- specified by replogfile directive. That file remains not only empty,
but even its mtime attribute remains unchanged. It's almost as if the
replica directives in slapd.conf simply don't exist, as far as slapd is
concerned.

Have you started slapd with -d -1 on your master, and

a) Seen what it says about the replication directives, and any particular reason why they may be being ignored

and

b) written a single change while in that mode to see what slapd says?

I will do that if the current upgrade (I am building 2.2.26 RPMs) fails to help. I will have to set up a testing server for that purpose, and being lazy, I wish to avoid that headache.

	Thanks.

--
|  Victor  Danilchenko  + Unix: Your gun, Your bullet,        |
| danilche@cs.umass.edu |       Your foot, Your choice.       |