Re: Problem verifying self signed certificate

søn, 04.09.2005 kl. 17.45 skrev Peter Marschall:

[...]

> > I'd very much appreciate a hint as to what might be the problem and how
> > to fix it.
>
> AFAIK this is expected behaviour as you cannot use a self-signed server
> certificate with openLDAP.

Of course you can. I've been doing it for years ... And so have hundreds
of thousands of others.

> OpenLDAP expects you to use a server certificate that is different from the
> certificate of the issueing CA.

"OpenLDAP expects you to use a server certificate that is different from
the CA certificate", but that's a different matter.

If OP had described exactly *how* he had made his certs, and then tested
them, using openssl's facilities, perhaps we'd get closer to the answer.

http://www.openldap.org/pub/ksoper/OpenLDAP_TLS_howto.html

--Tonni

--
mail: billy@billy.demon.nl