Re: ldapmodify error "entry store failed" "implementation specific"

--On Thursday, September 01, 2005 4:02 PM -0400 Elliot <elliot@ecowizards.com> wrote:

Hello all,
I have what I hope is just a newbie mistake, but which I can't find a
solution for in the archives or on google.
I have just setup a new LDAP db and can add to it using slapadd, but
when I try to add the same ldif file with ldapadd or ldapmodify I get
the following error:

# Define the directory containing the db
directory       /var/ldap/mohawkschools.org

Have you verified that the user/group you are running slapd under can actually write to this directory? I assume you are running slapadd as root, which of course will always work...

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer