Re: ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)

--On Sunday, August 28, 2005 3:49 PM -0400 alpnet99@netscape.net wrote:

OK I added:

access to attrs=userPassword
        by anonymous auth
        by self write

Thanks for the hint but it still gives me the same error.

First, please read:

and address your responses appropriately.

Second, did you add that line before or after your first ACL?

Third, have you read the OpenLDAP administrators guide, which has a clearn example of setting this up?

where the example is actually identical to what I suggested (in cn=config format).

33.    olcAccess: to attr=userPassword
34.      by self write
35.      by anonymous auth
36.      by dn.base="cn=Admin,dc=example,dc=com" write
37.      by * none
38.    olcAccess: to *
39.      by self write
40.      by dn.base="cn=Admin,dc=example,dc=com" write
41.      by * read

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer
ITSS/Shared Services