Re: substring index oddity

--On Wednesday, August 24, 2005 12:13 PM -0700 Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu> wrote:

index_substr_any_len <integer>
          Specify  the  length  used  for  subany   indices.   An
          attribute value must have at least this many characters
          in order to be processed. Attribute values longer  than
          this  length  will  be  processed  in  segments of this
          length. The default is 4. The subany index will also be
          used  in subinitial and subfinal index lookups when the
          filter string is longer than the index_substr_if_maxlen
          value.

I bet if you changed that to "3" from "4" it would work right...

I changed this from "4" to "3" on one of my development servers, and searching for:

"cn=*lee*" dropped from 1.5 minutes to just under 10 seconds.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer