[Date Prev][Date Next]
slapd-relay and multiple databases
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: slapd-relay and multiple databases
- From: Andrew Reilly <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 11:22:16 -0400
- Content-disposition: inline
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=pur9RpQD/smMr3qOq4a/IHHvIzfYv0bzOfifTXMpZFO2/gll1Z2m1SOiOpbMMRcLKbv4flTC3/a7HBg3mKUzplahQK3ukQf5HqUru4xdY0xuX0HnMcmEfZSW8D81iBhNJTiYu3fDnV9nAWYipePlCAOigMA/G1Z0cDydnJTTrjA=
We have multiple sites that each act as masters to their own db and
replicate back to a pair of central slaves via slurpd. Views across
the entire organisation are provide by slapd-meta. Eg:
Recently I've begun testing 2.3 and slapd-relay. The direct access to
the db looks like it might provide a performance boost. However, I
can't seem to find any documentation on having one virtual context
refer to multiple backend databases. Is this possible?
I've also seen talk on the list that slapd-meta might be going away.
What would be the recommended way for me to accomplish what I'm doing
if back-relay does not support multiple databases?