Re: cachesize does not exceed 1000 entries

First of all, I suggest you try 2.3.6: there have been considerable work
in the area of the proxies, and some more is expected for 2.3.7.  Likely,
some of the issues you're seeing may have already gone.

> Folks,
> I'm still having the same problem -- I'd <<really>> like to get this
> working because it really seems like a waste to proxy and not cache.
> I took Aaron's suggestion, querying and tracing the backend LDAP server
> to see if its responses were limited to 1000 entries, but this was not
> the case.

Do you mean that the proxies, without pcache, return more that 1000 entries?

> Some curiosities here:
> 1. If I use ldap as the database with overlay pcache, "cachesize" is
> completely ignored and always defaults to 1000.  However, the
> "sizelimit" is adhered to but <not> if it exceeds 1000.

I note that, as of 2.2, "sizelimit" is a wrapper around the "limits"
command, which is per-database, while "sizelimit" should be global, so I
suspect you should place "sizelimit" before any database statement; I need
to check.

> 2. If I use meta as the database with overlay pcache, "cachesize" is
> functional > 1000 entries but searches only work once -- the initial
> search is cached but subsequent searches don't retrieve from cache but
> just query the database endlessly.

I Note that you shouldn't use back-meta if you're proxying a single
target; however, the behavior you see shouldn't occur.  I'll try to
reproduce it and, in case, you should file an ITS.  I'll be back.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it