Re: ldapsearch: invalid credentials

Yes, that was the reason. It was my ineptitude. I apologize. After performing:

        $ ./configure --enable-crypt
        $ make depend
        $ make
        $ make test
        $ make install

Everything now appears to work expept for one small item. When I try to add the
following LDIF:

dn: cn=root,ou=Group,dc=mydomain,dc=com
objectClass: posixGroup
objectClass: top
cn: root
userPassword: {crypt}x
gidNumber: 0

Using the following command:

       $ ldapadd -D "cn=Manager,dc=mydomain,dc=com" -W -f group.ldif

I get the following error:

adding new entry "cn=root,ou=Group,dc=mydomain,dc=com"
ldap_add: Object class violation (65)
        additional info: no structural object class provided

In slapd.conf, I do have the following schemas defined:

include         /path/to/schema/core.schema
include         /path/to/schema/cosine.schema
include         /path/to/schema/nis.schema
include         /path/to/schema/inetorgperson.schema

The posixGroup schema is defined in nis.schema. Any ideas?

Thanks,
~~K