[Date Prev][Date Next]
RE: slapd does not compleet its starting
- To: "Bahya NASSR EDDINE" <email@example.com>
- Subject: RE: slapd does not compleet its starting
- From: "Tay, Gary" <Gary_Tay@platts.com>
- Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 12:28:08 +0800
- Cc: <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcWkH2nN7Q3wKfL9QCGTR2vToWwM2QAVta9w
- Thread-topic: slapd does not compleet its starting
Assuming all files under /var/lib/ldap are owned by "ldap", pls run
"slapd -u ldap ..."
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of Saket Sathe
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 1:42 AM
To: Bahya NASSR EDDINE
Subject: Re: slapd does not compleet its starting
Bahya NASSR EDDINE wrote:
>When I start my slapd server in debug mode (slapd
>-d127 -h "ldap:/// ldaps:///") its output ends at:
> bdb_db_open: dc=mydomain,dc=com
> bdb_db_open: dbenv_open(/var/lib/ldap)
>I don't get the lines that show that slapd has started
>and that it is listening on ports.
>Otherwise, the slapd server refuses all connections,
>it seems to not listen on its port.
>May you have any suggestion on what it is going wrong?
Mostly, you are having a corrupt databse. Try running db_recover while
in your database directory.
... Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?