Re: Replication between 2.2 and 2.0

--On Friday, August 12, 2005 2:15 PM -0800 Chris Robertson <crobertson@gci.com> wrote:

Sorry in advance.  This message is going to be a bit long.

I have about 140 sites, spread across about 20 divisions, underneath a
single company.  We are staring an upgrade of servers, but said upgrade
is disruptive and is going to take some time (possibly years).  The old
servers are running OpenLDAP 2.0 (2.0.23 to be exact), and the new
servers are (going to be) running 2.2(.13).

Any reasons you are picking such an old, outdated version of 2.2 with a lot of known serious problems?

I set up a test using 2.2 as the master and 2.0 as the slave, with a
replica directive including
"attr!=structuralObjectClass,entryUUID,entryCSN".  Replication failed,
and the reject file showed "ERROR: Constraint violation: creatorsName: no
user modification allowed".  Fair enough.  I expanded the attr line to
include "creatorsName,createTimestamp,modifiersName,modifyTimestamp".

Now replication is still failing, with an error of...

ERROR: Type or value exists: attribute provided more than once
replica: slave.example.org:389
time: 1123878942.3
dn: uid=tuser,dc=site,dc=division,dc=company,dc=com
changetype: add
cn: Test User
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
ou: Division
givenName: Test
sn: User
uid: tuser
l: Division
userPassword:: BLANKED
userPassword:: BLANKED
mail: tuser@site.division.company.com
mail: test.user@site.division.company.com

...and I'm at a bit of a loss.  Searching for the error message gave me
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200206/msg00083.html
which is (to the best of my knowledge) not applicable here.  Creating an
ldif file on the 2.0 slave containing...

Interestingly odd... It sounds like it things one of the attributes had the same value given twice. Of course, all sorts of changes (including several fixes to slurpd) have happened in 2.2 since 2.2.13 was released, so you are probably best served by running a current version of OpenLDAP 2.2 before playing with slurpd any more.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer