From: Kurt Zeilenga <openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org>
To: mehall@us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: OpenLDAP 2.2.13, 2.2.15 communication failure (ITS#3279)
Date: Fri Aug 27 20:43:31 2004
Based on various followups, I suggest setting
ac_cv_func_getaddrinfo to no before running ./configure.
That is,
  env ac_cv_func_getaddrinfo=no ./configure ...

(seems AIX's getaddrinfo(3) doesn't conform to the latest IETF API
specifications, something you might want to report to AIX developers at IBM.)

Regards, Kurt

I assume you are not struggling with AIX, but it would be still interesting to tell configure,
that it does not have getaddrinfo() at all. I hope in this case you will get ldap
your ldap things running.

I would also try to write a little test program calling getaddrinfo()
the way how OL does it, and report result to the list, and see what
happens.

Good luck, vadim tarassov.

--
vadim <vadim.tarassov@swissonline.ch>