Re: Automatic conversion Slave/Master

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 04:01:38PM +0100, Joao Pereira wrote:
> Hello,
> At the moment i'm developing a system with 2 ldap servers, one is the
> Master and the Other the Slave.
> My problem is if Master is shuted down, i want the system to keep
> working, i need stuff to continue to be writen to the database of the
> slave, is it possible??? and when the Master comes online again the
> Slave update Masters DB and become Slave again. Or they can start
> working in the reverse order, the one that was a Master becomes Slave,
> and the Slave becomes the Master
> Can LDAP do this alone??? or i need to develop code to do this????
> Thanx for your help

read list archive. 1-2 month ago I was look message with phrase same as "possible switch one replica from slave state to master without restart".

Dmitriy Kirhlarov
OILspace, 26 Leninskaya sloboda, bld. 2, 2nd floor, 115280 Moscow, Russia
P:+7 095 105 7247 F:+7 095 105 7246 E:DmitriyKirhlarov@oilspace.com
OILspace - The resource enriched - www.oilspace.com