Re: AW: AW: Problem finding telephonenumber in a plain numeric search when number is stored with special characters

[please reply on the list]

>>That's __not__ Hallvard's suggestion: he meant implementing some approx
>> match for the telephoneNumber syntax and >using it instead of equality in
>> searches, e.g. using filters like "(telephoneNumber~=+39(02)3456-7890)"
>>that actually reduce to comparing digits only.  That has nothing to do
>> with indices or with the schema.  And,
>>manipulating standard track schema is always a __bad_thing__.
>
> I agree! But how can I solve my problem?
> I have neither access to the telephony code nor to the way how they do the
> ldapsearch.
> I just know their search looks for telephonenumber=41612671234 or 71234
> (if it is internal)
> whereas the number is stored as +41(61)26-71234
>
> The only thing I have control of is the OpenLDAP Server and it's config.

Then, according to Hallvard's reply, you could __hack__ the code that
implements the telephoneNumber equality rule on the server, and trip
__all__ non-digits.  Thsi will make your server violate the standard, but
will definitely solve your problem.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati