Re: AW: Problem finding telephonenumber in a plain numeric search when number is stored with special characters

Walter Kempel writes:
> I tried to activate an approx index as proposed by Hallvard Furuseth,

Sorry, I meant to suggest we can _implement_ approx matching.
OpenLDAP does not presently support what you want.

> For me a simple solution ( just for our site off course) would be to
> manipulate the SYNTAX in the schema.

No, you'd have to modify the EQUALITY matching rule.  The syntax says
what the attribute may contain, the matching rules say how to compare
it.  But no such matching rule is implemented yet.

For now the closest is substring matching: "(telephoneNumber=*2671234)".

--
Hallvard
For sale: Parachute. Never opened, used once, slightly stained.