Re: Syncrepl not replicating entire tree

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

Barrow H Kwan wrote:

I am having similar issue ( I have already posted a message on this list last week ) and I am wondering if this is a bug in synrepl ( might be syncrepl is still in beta or alpha stage :) ).

if you fixed the problem or someone give you a hint, can you share that?

thanks

Barrow

Saket Sathe <saket@cc.iitb.ac.in> Sent by: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
08/07/2005 09:24 PM

openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
cc

Subject
Syncrepl not replicating entire tree

Hi All,
I have moved to syncrepl recently.
The provider is a OL 2.3.4 with BDB 4.2.52 + four patches. The consumer is a OL 2.2.26 with BDB 4.2.52 + four patches.

Here is my slapd.conf:
Provider:
index objectClass,entryCSN,entryUUID                            eq,pres
#
# LDAP Syncrepl configuration
#
overlay syncprov
       syncprov-checkpoint 100 10
       syncprov-sessionlog 100

Consumer:
index objectClass,entryCSN,entryUUID eq,pres
syncrepl rid=123
              provider=ldap://10.200.13.143:389
              type=refreshOnly
              interval=00:05:00:00
              searchbase="dc=iitb,dc=ac,dc=in"
              filter="(objectClass=*)"
              scope=sub
              attrs="*"
              schemachecking=off
              updatedn="cn=syncuser,ou=Management,dc=iitb,dc=ac,dc=in"
              bindmethod=simple
              binddn="cn=syncuser,ou=Management,dc=iitb,dc=ac,dc=in"
              credentials=XXXXX

On intial start, when the consumer database is completely empty, the consumer starts
replicating the database from the provider but it *does not* replicate the entire tree given by
searchbase="dc=iitb,dc=ac,dc=in". Quite a few ou's are missing even after a sufficuint time.
What could be the problem ?

Is it necessary that I first populate the consumer with slapadd ?

How can I find out the sync state between them ?

Is the "binddn" user hitting any size limit on the provider side? You should set

limits dn="cn=syncuser,ou=Management,dc=iitb,dc=ac,dc=in" size=unlimited time=unlimited

on the provider to override the default 500 entries/1h limits.

p.

Hi,
I think replication is working now.
But some ou(s) are still shown missing by GQ, JXplorer and LDAP Browser. On the other hand, when I do a ldapsearch for the entries under those ou(s) , they are present! :)
Is there a way to find out the state of syncronization between the provider and the consumer ?

--
Saket