determining the ssl cipher a client is trying to use

I am attempting to help our local team deploying PeopleSoft at UVM get an SSL connection to our LDAP server. At the present time, we are up to the point of the PeopleSoft supplied ldapsearch.exe program attempting the SSL connection, but the two sides are unable to find an encryption cipher that they will both agree to use.

I have been unable to determine what SSL encryption cipher the client is attempting to use -- it's not saying and slapd run with -d -1 on the server doesn't tell me either (which is both surprising and disappointing).

I've googled and come up empty -- does anyone have a method for determining what SSL cipher a client is trying to use with an OpenLDAP 2.2.26 server?

Thanks,
Informtn Tech Profssnl Sr       | Always remember: You are UNIQUE,