Re: Adding Initial Entries via ldapadd and ldif file

--On Thursday, August 04, 2005 11:22 AM -0400 Peter Stickney <pstickney@pvpsc.com> wrote:

All -

Your quick responses all worked out well.  Peter and Mike were correct in
their responses, and Sam caught on to the mistake at the end of the ldif.
I got it from the tutorial, obviously.

I am getting an error with the dn line of my own entry though.
"dn: cn=pstickney,ou=People,dc=pvpsc,dc=com"

ldapadd: invalid format (line 13) entry:
"cn=pstickney,ou=People,dc=pvpsc,dc=com"

I'm very new to ldap, but I am slowly getting it.
Thanks all

As an aside, generally when initializing a new system, it is quicker to use slapadd (with slapd down) than to use ldapadd. With very small LDIF files, this isn't much of an issue, but when you get larger ones, it can save you many many hours.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html