Re: replication problems

Thanks, Pierangelo.
Now i know how slurd works: It tries to replicate a change for each server listed on the "replica" directives. So, since i have 2 replica directives(one per database) for each server, it would send the change request 2 twice for the same server.
A simple "work arround" is to write the server name with all caps in one replica directive (for one database) and without caps in the olher replica directive(for the olher database).
Since slapd is case sensitive, and DNS is not, slapd wont send the change request twice to the server, and the name resolution stil works.

This drives me to another question: Why doent slurd check for "name server" and "database baseDN" when sending a change request?
I believe its not dificult to implement, it would easyer to understand and we wouldnt need "work arrounds".

Thanks, once again.
      Jaime Ventura

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

I think this might be of help
<http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/1171.html>

p.

I have a Master server with 2 databases. The master replicates the 2
databases to several slave servers.
Replication is working but i get errors ( on serverName.rep) as if
changes were replicating twice.
Ocasioally, replication stops and I need to restart slurd.
Im using openldap 2.2.27.
Please help.
Thanks in advance.

"database" and "replica" sections of my slapd.conf:

database     bdb
suffix       "cn=net"
rootdn       "cn=ldapmaster,cn=net"
rootpw       secret
directory    /var/lib/ldap-net
# Indices to maintain for this database
index           dhcpHWAddress   eq
index           dhcpClassData   eq
replogfile /var/lib/ldap/openldap-master-replog

#
# slave rep
#
replica host=ldapSlave:389 tls=yes
       suffix="cn=net"
       binddn="uid=masterReplicator,dc=net,dc=ipp,dc=pt"
       bindmethod=simple credentials=secret
database     bdb
suffix               "dc=ipp,dc=pt"
rootdn               "cn=simaster,dc=ipp,dc=pt"
rootpw          secret
directory    /var/lib/ldap-ipp
# Indices to maintain for this database
index objectClass                       eq,pres
index uid                               eq,pres,sub
index mail,ippNetUserEmailAliases       eq,pres,sub
#
# slave rep
#
replica host=ldapSlave:389 tls=yes
       suffix="dc=ipp,dc=pt"
       binddn="uid=masterReplicator,dc=net,dc=ipp,dc=pt"
       bindmethod=simple credentials=secret
       attr!=ippNetSessionID