Re: Create entry with default value.

Tomàs Núñez Lirola wrote:
I'd like to permit a user create a child, but I'd like to let him to
insert some fields, and some other come by default.

Is there an option to create entries with default values?

Although I would venture to guess it's possible with some sort of overlay, for communication directly over the protocol with stock OpenLDAP, nothing like this is supported. In other words, the client needs to supply all the initial values for a new entry. On the other hand, it's pretty easy to write a client that supplies default values for the attributes you want at creation time; I do this regularly in my apps.

Jon Roberts
www.mentata.com