Structural objectclass modifications

Hi,

Whereas I understand that someone shouldn't modify a person into a
country, as indicated in RFC2251, I don't see why OpenLDAP (2.1+) disallow
to modify an objectclass of the same "chain". For example I can't modify
an organizationalPerson into a residentialPerson, nor an
arganizationalPerson into a Person, nor a Person into an
organizationalPerson.

Is there a reason for that ? The RFC doesn't seem to be very clear.

Is there a solution to allow to change parent structural objectclasses ?

Raphael Ouazana.