Re: Error while deleting a attribute from the entry through C-LDAP API

--On Wednesday, July 20, 2005 4:22 PM +0530 Bhavesh Kamani <bhavesh@deeproot.co.in> wrote:

Dear all,
	I am using openldap 2.2.19 on Debian, I am able to add the attribute
"homePostalAddress" and "facsimileTelephoneNumber" in my entry using
C-Ldap apis.
	I am also able to modify those two attributes using C-Ldap apis, but I
am not able to delete using the apis. Other attributes from the same
entry I am able to delete. At the time of deleting those two attributes
the error in the log is

"conn=962 op=1 RESULT tag=103 err=18 text=modify/delete:
homePostalAddress: no equality matching rule".

From the command line I am able to delete those two attribute.

You are trying to delete using exact values, which isn't allowed since there isn't an equality matching rule for that attribute. You need to modify how you delete those particular attributes to just delete the entire attribute, not an exact value for that attribute.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer