Re: How do I get a good gdb trave of slapd?

--On Tuesday, July 19, 2005 10:19 AM +0200 Tarjei Huse <tarjei@nu.no> wrote:

Hi, I'm trying to debug segfault in OpenLDAP 2.2.15 on a upgraded
system.

I'm trying to get the system working with ldapdb as well as with
saslauth. Saslauth has problems if it goes directly to the ldapdatabase
and not through pam. Even slaptest segfaults after saying

I therefore suspect this is an issue either with an old lib lying around
or something up that alley.

Therefore: How should I use gdb to get a good trace? My problem is that
openldap jumps off into another thread and makes it hard to get a proper
stacktrace.

If this is a known issue with this version (that I know is old) then
please say so, but if not I'd rather get it working than have to build
my own rpms from time to time.

From slaptest I got this stacktrace:
[Switching to Thread 1078249344 (LWP 27837)]
0x080ad1ff in bdb_initialize ()
(gdb) bt
# 0  0x080ad1ff in bdb_initialize ()
# 1  0x0806f646 in backend_shutdown ()
# 2  0x080abc60 in slap_tool_destroy ()
# 3  0x080acb65 in slaptest ()
# 4  0x080558f7 in main ()

Kind regards, Tarjei

Hi Tarjei,

There have been literally hundreds of fixes to OpenLDAP since the 2.2.15 release. I cannot say for certain that your problem is fixed the current stable (2.2.26) release, but the odds are better that it is. Also, for this to be looked at very closely by anyone, they are generally going to want you to verify that you can recreate the problem on a current release, in case it already has been fixed.

Symas corporation also provides a free prebuilt packaged version of OpenLDAP at <http://www.symas.com/cds2-4-0.shtml> that you could use as an alternative to updating your current install. Since it installs into its own location, it would not interfere with your libraries, etc.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer