Re: BDB corruption on windows port of 2.2.19

Directives such as "checkpoint" can be used to help your BDB/HDB database
in the face of an abnormal shutdown. See slapd.conf(5) and slapd-bdb(5).
Also, there are many Sleepycat tools/options available to BDB/HDB users.
Utilization of a proper DB_CONFIG file and Sleepycat's db_recover command
will help these situations.

2.2 is definitely capable of having an unclean database. In 2.3, the alock
code should prevent this (i.e. automatically db_recover on unclean
shutdown). Note that recovery/alock runs at startup. In situations such as
a "sleep" you mention below, I have no idea what happens; slapd is
designed to be a long-running daemon. (But if your machine/OS wakes up
nicely, I don't see why you'd have issues?)