[Date Prev][Date Next]
Index problems: search results returning no responses
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Index problems: search results returning no responses
- From: Graham Leggett <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 19:29:00 +0200
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0+ (Macintosh/20050516)
I am running openldap v2.2.13 (as packaged with RHEL4), and have run
into a problem with indexes.
I added the following line to the slap.conf to enable indexing on the
mailAlternateAddress attribute as provided by qmail.schema:
index mailAlternateAddress eq,pres,sub
Openldap on startup made no complaints about the above line or logged
any error messages at all - however all search queries that involved the
mailAlternateAddress attribute started quietly returning zero results.
As no obvious error message was logged, and as the LDAP server worked
fine apart from queries for mailAlternateAddress, this problem was only
picked up after a day of bounced email on people' alias email addresses.
Is this a known problem, and is there a solution or patch of some kind
to fix it?