Question about ACI

Good day,

Does anyone know what is the status of Access Control Information extension in OpenLDAP?
I know that it's still considered experimental, but I can't get any clue in code why is it so.

RFC2252 states that, ACI item should have OID, while openldapACI have OID,
and as far as I understand, It's format does not match format given in draft-ietf-ldapext-aci-model-xx.txt.

Why there are still no schema checks for ACI-entries?
Are developers going to abandon this extension and replace it with something else?

With best regards,