Re: 2 GB filesize limit, followup

Todd Lyons wanted us to know:

>I think the 2 GB file limitation was a red herring.  Part of the problem
>was my own impatience.  Had I been more patient, I would have seen that
>I could in fact make a file bigger than 2 GB.  It just took an extra 90

For mailing list archival purposes, it was in fact due to the 2 GB
filelimit.  gdbm cannot write past the 2 GB mark.  gdbm was dying which
was causing slapd to die.  I have since added a blurb on the FaqOMatic
at http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?file=756&showLastModified=show

Thanks to Howard and the others for helping me understand what was
happening yesterday.
--
Regards...		Todd
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.       --Benjamin Franklin