Re: urgent problem with slapadd , ldapadd

Yoginee Bhagwat wrote:

My slapd started without any problem. with netstat and ps I can see that
my slapd is running on given port but when I try to do slapadd it gives
me error

Did you stop your slapd before you execute slapadd?
man slapadd
read limitations there...

[root@shark openldap]# slapadd -v -l /tmp/top.ldif

slapadd: could not add entry dn="dc=wallst.dev.micromuse,dc=com"

this is my LDIF file

#Build the root node.

dn: dc=wallst.dev.micromuse,dc=com

dc: wallst.dev.micromuse

objectClass: dcObject

objectClass: organizationalUnit

ou: wallst.dev.micromuse Dot com

dn: ou=people,dc=wallst.dev.micromuse,dc=com

ou: people

objectClass: organizationalUnit

Looks ok.

also I try to connect to it using ldapsearch or ldapadd it gives me
following error.

[root@shark openldap]# ldapsearch -x -b "dc=wallst.dev.micromuse,dc=com"

ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Can't contact LDAP server

Can anybody tell me what is going wrong ?

See my previous post.

Sameer N. Ingole
Better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.