Re: handling multiply named attributes in PHP and PERL

--On Wednesday, July 06, 2005 11:36 AM -0400 Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey@uvm.edu> wrote:

On 7/6/05 11:31 AM, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
At 05:20 AM 7/6/2005, Francis Swasey wrote:

Does anyone have example code for php-ldap and/or perl-ldap to figure
out what the canonical name of an attribute is so they can interrogate
the results of a search for the correct attribute?

This question is better suited to a list about php-ldap
and perl-ldap.

I can see your point. However, since the problem is OpenLDAP's insistence upon returning the canonical name, I thought it was more applicable to the OpenLDAP list. Whether OpenLDAP's behavior is correct or not according to the various RFC's is really not the point and I don't want to get into that argument.

I filed an ITS about this 2 or 3 years ago, and there were some suggestions made about how to trick OpenLDAP into returning the alias name if that was requested. If you search for my email and parse through the results in the ITS system, you should be able to find it. I never went that route, instead telling people to get their crap together, since they weren't doing things correctly. :P

As for your php/perl question, why not have a table of aliases in the script that will do the mapping?

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer