[Date Prev][Date Next]
trouble starting slapd
- To: <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: trouble starting slapd
- From: "Yoginee Bhagwat" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 07:55:19 -0700
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcWBcY/FMrVpw5U6R7y7UV0VrC8ZSg==
- Thread-topic: trouble starting slapd
I have installed openssl, Berkeleydb and openldap. Finally I solved all
the problems in the installation and I could create tls/ssl certificates
and everything. While installation of openldap it did find BerkeleyDB
installation and required files. Now when I start the slapd as root it
gives me following error.
[root@shark openldap]# /usr/local/libexec/slapd -h
/usr/local/libexec/slapd: error while loading shared libraries:
libdb-4.3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Libdb-4.3.so is in /usr/local/BerkleeyDB-4.3/lib. I think openldap finds
all the *.so files while installation.
Did I miss anything ? do I need to setup anything for BerkeleyDB ?