Re: TLS: private key mismatch Error (or problem)

Hi,

On Saturday 02 July 2005 01:41, Alvaro Poole wrote:
> Hi, I´m having problems configuring Openldap with TLS/SSL. First of
> all, I´m trying to put a server certificate, so I create a certificate
> with OpenSSL with the next line:
>
> openssl req -newkey rsa:1024 -x509 -nodes -out ldapcert.pem -keyout
> ldapcert.pem -days 365
>
> After this, I configured my slapd.conf with the next lines (but
> before, I copied ldapcert.pem to slapd.conf directory):
>
> TLSCACertificateFile  ldapcert.pem
> TLSCertificadteFile   ldapcert.pem
> TLSCertificateKeyFile ldapcert.pem

Apart from the typo that Samuel Tra already reported, it may be a problem that
you use the CA certificate as the server certificate.
IIRC OpenLDPA requires the server certificate to be different from the CA
certificate.
The OpenLDAP FAQ gives more details about how to use TLS/SSL with OpenLDAP:

http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?_highlightWords=self%20signed&file=185

CU
PEter

--