[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: slapd/slurpd sporadic replication
- To: Quanah Gibson-Mount <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: slapd/slurpd sporadic replication
- From: Brent Franks <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 17:26:32 -0400
- Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Content-disposition: inline
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=W3iXMupE/IWQnTA5MSi67C4uA2U7UcZnaCENc1NWCGvw29aiAi5rJdr36vQsVyTmKS4EbOpng4ZxfyIiFCNVKQODQHvfIkz6ATKD5lC5JOSaC5zc9jfQ+ipjt2pu4C2YHXwDrdFWlYCcnIhbwCZ/U1mF+Ss/26DfwnJjfS96tPo=
- In-reply-to: <A47C7970C000FB301076A524@0.1.0.4>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <A47C7970C000FB301076A524@0.1.0.4>
On 6/29/05, Quanah Gibson-Mount <email@example.com> wrote:
> --On Wednesday, June 29, 2005 12:39 PM -0400 Brent Franks
> <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > I have noticed something very strange however with the replication
> > process. When I issue a modification to the master server, for about
> > an hour or so after starting slapd/slurpd on master, the changes
> > replicate just fine. Sometime thereafter though replications just
> > stop working. Occasionally it will start working again.
> What version of OpenLDAP?
> Have you made sure the slapd replog file and the slurpd replog file are in
> different locations?
Yes, they both live in different locations.
The replication was working great all day until about 4:30 today.
The slurpd replogs are residing in:
Anytime I make a change on the master, it seems to be just queueing up
there without acctually replicating. The entries go fine in the
master. This occurs with a modify and an add. A restart of the
slurpd and slapd doesn't fix anything. Restarting slapd on the slave
doesn't work either.
I should also point out that the network connection between both slave
and master are fine.