Re: slapd/slurpd sporadic replication

The replog size is zero because slurpd finished processing all of the
entries inside of it.  Try a tail -f on that file and then make a few
changes to see some stuff roll through it.

If your changes are not showing up on the replica, you should have
.rej logs or some other sort of log that mentions why your changes
were not replicated.