Re: slurpd's disaster recovery capability

I think it would be easier for you to use a transactional backend on
the master (bdb) and use syncrepl for more reliable slave-updates.
That way, if the master powers down, updates can be initiated by the
slaves when the master comes back up.

I find the integrity of slurpd-written replicas to be about 98% when
the master server is fully powered up, so I don't like to think about
power outages.  :)