Re: Clustering / failover

So most if not all sites running openldap, only use one master server?

Regards,

Michael Martinez
Engineering Manager
Tech Computer Center (TCC)
New Mexico Tech
Speare Room 128
801 Leroy Place
Socorro, NM 87801
(505) 835-5388
mikem@nmt.edu
http://www.nmt.edu/tcc/

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Friday, June 24, 2005 2:11 PM -0600 Michael Martinez <mikem@nmt.edu> wrote:

Looking at the discussions regarding clustering and/or failover, it looks
like there's no way to have more than one master server that accepts
updates (all others are slaves). Is that correct?

Yup, that would be the current state of things. Of course, I've honestly not found this to really be a problem because of the immense stability I've enjoyed since dumping NDS and moving to OpenLDAP. The requirement for multi-master generally comes when there is an underlying stability somewhere in the process. There is of course the corporate 5 9's thing that sometimes requires it as well, on the off chance that something did happen to the master.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer