Re: Deletions not propagating in multi-hop syncRepl environment

Cascaded operations are tested in test019 of the test suite. There is a delete operation included in that test. Does the test pass for you?

The sessionlog in 2.2 is pretty much useless. It is effective in 2.3. In 2.2 the only way to make it do anything is to specify a syncrepl cookie on the consumer's slapd command line when starting it up, to provide the sid of the provider's sessionlog. (Remember that the sid and rid are two different parameters; to configure a 2.2 consumer and provider to use the sessionlog the consumer must specify both the rid and the sid. In 2.3 there is no more sid, the sessionlog is automatically used by all consumers whenever it is enabled.)

Dave Horsfall wrote:
OpenLDAP 2.2.26 on FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE.

I'm not sure whether this is a bug or a misconfiguration, so I thought I'd ask here before filing an ITS.

We have a central replication server which accepts updates for several suffixes and propagates them out to the other slaves i.e. no more than 2 hops with complexity O(n) instead of O(n^2). There are around 15 suffixes in total, so keeping it simple is rather important...

This worked fine with SLURP, but I've just noticed that deletions from a remote master do not propagate with SyncRepl to other slaves. Additions and updates work fine, but not deletions.

-- -- Howard Chu Chief Architect, Symas Corp. Director, Highland Sun http://www.symas.com http://highlandsun.com/hyc Symas: Premier OpenSource Development and Support