ldap_msgfree() when ldap_search_s() failed

Hello all.

I'm using openldap 2.2.13 and have a question about ldap_msgfree().
After executing ldap_search_s() or ldap_result(), it seems to have to
execute ldap_msgfree() regardless of the success or failure. Is it
right?

Not executing ldap_msgfree() in the case of failure caused memory
leak. I couldn't find any information about this.

I want to make it sure that executing ldap_msgfree() is safe even if
ldap_search_s() failed. Is there any information about this?

thanks.
 Kazuaki Anami (kazuaki@soum.co.jp)