Re: Bootstrap slapd config with back-config

Dieter Kluenter wrote:

Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> writes:

Michael Ströder wrote:

HI!

Can somebody give me a hint how to start configuration via LDAP with
minimal slapd.conf, back-config and the configdir?

I'd like to test whether web2ldap with some plugins could be helpful to
configure OpenLDAP via back-config. Modifications are accepted by slapd
but they are not persistent. Where is cn=config written to?

Read the 2.3 Admin Guide, in CVS. If you need more help after that, we
can resume this thread.

Please give us a hint :-) http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin23/ doesn't say anything about cn=config, and I can't convert HEAD to html as sdf doesn't compile on my system.

I guess Kurt hasn't refreshed the OpenLDAP web site yet. I have uploaded a preliminary copy on my server here
http://www.highlandsun.com/hyc/ldapguide/

The new material is in Chapter 5 "Configuring Slapd". It is not complete, but it should give you enough to get started. After you get a chance to read that, go ahead and post specific questions here.

--
 -- Howard Chu