Re: Client Authentication

Sangita Mohan wrote:

I am certain that several clients use OpenLDAP for authentication. I have a few questions regarding client authentication vis SSL/TLS.

In the case, if the signature of the server certificate does not match the signature of one of our CA certificates then we cannot declare that the certificate is trusted. That is when we ask the user whether or not we should trust this certificate.

- I can't find any OpenLDAP API to get server certificate information. Does that mean I have to use OpenSSL API to get server certificate information?

Yes. Use ldap_get_option with LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_SSL_CTX to get the (SSL *) session pointer from the (LDAP *) LDAP session and use that with the OpenSSL APIs.

--
 -- Howard Chu