ldap_getfilter

The ldap_search* man pages refer to ldap_getfilter(3) but I can't find any
evidence of ldap_getfilter in OpenLDAP documentation or header files for
2.2 or 2.3.  The last reference I can find googling for "site:openldap.org
ldap_getfilter" is from 2001.  Has this function still not been
implemented or was it deprecated by something else?

I like the ldap_getfilter available in the Solaris core libraries, but I'm
reluctant to try to mix tools from OpenLDAP and Solaris, particularly
since I find so much of the Solaris code horribly annoying.

--
Eric Irrgang - UT Austin ITS Unix Systems - (512)475-9342