Re: Connection-handling threads

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 10:11:39AM -0700, Howard Chu wrote:
> Yes, this is definitely a bottleneck. The IBM folks are currently
> experimenting with different approaches to improve the situation.

Is this something Jong's working on?

> Yes, it sounds like using a separate thread per listener would work for
> you. Obviously the code doesn't work this way at the moment, so you have
> a bit of hacking to do. I don't believe that the ultimate solution for
> slapd will use a dedicated thread per listener, since it requires a
> separate load balancer to make it viable, but certainly it would help
> your case.

I'd like to avoid investing a lot of time in something specific to our
architecture; I'll talk to Jong (or whoever at IBM is involved with this) to
see if I can lend assistance. WRT to the ultimate solution, do you have a
general design in mind now, or just know that one thread per listener isn't
it?

thanks,
john
--