[Date Prev][Date Next]
mail attribute possibly got corrupted?
- To: <OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: mail attribute possibly got corrupted?
- From: "Ramasamy, Sudhakar" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 11:46:41 -0500
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcVZbavULi0EsnrDTEGfF+CEyIza6A==
- Thread-topic: mail attribute possibly got corrupted?
I had a completely well functioning ldap directory of
virtual users. Postfix was querying it for local recipients and Courier IMAP was
querying it for mailboxes successfully.
I was making a few modifications to enable users to
change their ldap passwords from horde and all of a sudden both postfix and
Courier IMAP were returning no valid users from the ldap directory.
I tracked the problem down to the mail
attribute which was being queried. I ran the following query and got no results
when I should I received one.
I then tried the below and got the expected result
of the 1 record (* at the end of the email address)
I then updated the email address in the ldap
directory by adding a space at the end and then the first query worked fine. It
continued to work fine when I went back and deleted that space. I did
similar modifications for other records like delete a letter and go back
and put it back and the first query returned expected results. Postfix started
working fine as well.
The problem got fixed...but I'd like to know is it
possible that the mail attribute got corrupted across all records and if so how
might it have happened.