replication referrals

>>>>> "jduino" == John Duino <jduino@nateng.com> writes:

jduino> I'm not sure if this is a misconfig on my part or my not understanding
jduino> the tools.

jduino> We have a master server with multiple slaves. The slurp works properly
jduino> when we modify/change/add to the master directly (ie, it replicates to
jduino> the slaves very quickly).

jduino> However, if we do any of that to the slave (either with the openldap
jduino> tools on the commandline, or via phpldapadmin which uses the php-ldap
jduino> functions), the slave allows the update to happen directly, and thus
jduino> never gets updated on the master nor the other slaves. Debug and
jduino> sniffing shows no attempt at redirect/referral.

In the replica, I have:

updateref	ldap://ldap-master.wpi.edu

in the database definition.