Re: Case studies of heterogenous servers

Dave Horsfall wrote:

Not unrelated to my previous question of multiple suffixes (which was so obvious that I'd overlooked it). does anyone know of any case studies involving OpenLDAP servers with many suffixes? I'm trying to get a handle on the number of suffixes (accessed by DNS SVR records) and the resources required.

A good example would be a big ISP using OpenLDAP to serve many domains, or a mega-corporation with many subsidaries etc.

No, we're not planning a world take-over; at least, not yet...

Beyond more than a handful, it would be more efficient to use a single database with a common suffix (e.g., "dc=com", or "") since locating a database via suffix is a linear search, while locating a DN within a database is an O(logN) search.

--
 -- Howard Chu