Re: bug fix -> version question

Dan Armbrust wrote:

Sorry for the dumb question. I actually saw it in the changes file shortly after I made the post.

Where I initially got stuck was that previously, the bug mentioned something about "checked into REL22" or something along those lines... and i was trying to figure out how your CVS tags correspond to your release version numbers...

Usually we abbreviate "re22" -> OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2_2 and "re23" -> OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2_3 which are the release engineering branches for OpenLDAP 2.2 and 2.3, respectively. If something says "fixed in re22" that means the fix will appear in the next public OpenLDAP 2.2 release.

I didn't read the bug report very closely, because I was just following up on a note that Howard sent me a while ago where he mentioned that he thought that the fix for this bug would also fix another bug that I opened. I'm testing that right now, and wanted to make sure I was testing against the right version.

-- -- Howard Chu Chief Architect, Symas Corp. Director, Highland Sun http://www.symas.com http://highlandsun.com/hyc Symas: Premier OpenSource Development and Support