Fwd: Re: Obtain Schema files from a software client

Sorry, I mistakenly replied only to Kurt...

----- Forwarded message from Mike Jackson <mj@sci.fi> -----

From: Mike Jackson <mj@sci.fi>
To: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 00:55:40 +0300
Subject: Re: Obtain Schema files from a software client

Kurt D. Zeilenga (Kurt@OpenLDAP.org) wrote:

> OpenLDAP 2.2 provides no mechanism for a client to obtain
> the name of the schema file, clients should instead use the
> general schema retrevial mechanism.

Kurt,
 Do you think it would make sense to implement a mechanism to replicate
schema files and have the server automatically load them upon reciept?

 Consider a network where there are 50 or more LDAP servers; adding a new
schema file and restarting the servers is a major task. And adding schema
into a catch-all file is not a good solution; it makes maintenance
next to impossible...

--
mike

----- End forwarded message -----