Re: ldapsearch command help

On Thu, 5 May 2005, Talwar, Puneet (NIH/NIAID) wrote:

I would like to get some help with ldapsearch command.

Have you read the ldapsearch man page?

Would need to have admin right if I run the following command?

$ldapsearch -s base -h server -b "uid=user,ou=test,dc=example,dc=com"
"(objectclass=*)"

I'm not sure what you mean by "admin right" in your question.

Whether the above ldapsearch command returns what you expect depends
on several factors, most of which have to do with you understanding
ldapsearch itself and its command line parameters, the configuration
of the slapd you're trying to query (such as the bind method it
expects and the access control that you've set up), and the nature of
the target directory's contents (such as the structure of its DIT).

I recommend that you spend much more time investigating and learning
about these things, then come back for help if your question is
still unanswered by what you've read.

--
  Kirk Turner-Rustin       | Programmer/Analyst
  Ohio Wesleyan University | Libraries and Information Services