From: Quanah Gibson-Mount [mailto:quanah@stanford.edu]
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2005 12:19 PM
To: Fortin, John {PBG}; OpenLDAP Mail List
Subject: Re: Monitor Backend issues

--On Thursday, May 05, 2005 10:30 AM -0500 "Fortin, John {PBG}"
<John.Fortin@pepsi.com> wrote:

> However,  "cn=Modify,cn=Operations,cn=Monitor" does not seem to work.  I
> get the following after I have done several modifies:
>> ./testldap
> objectClass:monitorOperation
> structuralObjectClass:monitorOperation
> cn:Add
> monitorOpInitiated:0
> monitorOpCompleted:0
> createTimestamp:20050505133601Z
> modifyTimestamp:20050505133601Z
> subschemaSubentry:cn=Subschema
> hasSubordinates:FALSE
> Same for cn=Add, cn=Delete, cn=Search, cn=Compare, and cn=Extended.
>
> Any thoughts?  I'm using OL 2.2.24 and bdb 4.2.52 with transactions
> patches on Red Hat ES 3.0.

It works just fine for me:

tribes:~> ldapsearch -LLL -Q -h ldap9 -b"cn=monitor" cn=modify +
dn: cn=Modify,cn=Operations,cn=Monitor
structuralObjectClass: monitorOperation
monitorOpInitiated: 94
monitorOpCompleted: 94
createTimestamp: 20050505114128Z
modifyTimestamp: 20050505114128Z
subschemaSubentry: cn=Subschema
hasSubordinates: FALSE

Note that "Add" is not "Modify".

tribes:~> ldapsearch -LLL -Q -h ldap9 -b"cn=monitor" cn=add +
dn: cn=Add,cn=Operations,cn=Monitor
structuralObjectClass: monitorOperation
monitorOpInitiated: 7
monitorOpCompleted: 7