Accesing LDAP with a user

Hi! I´m new to openldap. I´m using OpenLDAP 2.2.24. I would like access to
my LDAP with just a user different to root. So i wrote in slapd.conf this:

access to * by dn="cn=ldapclient,o=toyo,c=sp" read
            by * none
(i just wanna access with this user, and root of course)

The next step was add this user to my LDAP. This object was a person class
(with his own password). Once did that, i restarted my LDAP.

So, when i try to access there (using a LDAP client called JXPLORER),
always appears a InvalidCredentials Exception, and when i try using
ldapsearch:

ldapsearch -D "cn=ldapclient,o=toyo,c=sp" -x -W "cn=*"

it always appears "Invalid credentials" message

What am i doing wrong? i read something about credentials in ldap that says
when it´s using 'access' instructions, access gives privileges to entities,
not objects, but i don´t understand it good because my english is poor
(sorry).

Thanks in advance. Alvaro

end

***********Internet Email Confidentiality Footer*************
solely for the use of the organization or individual to whom they are
addressed.  It is expressly forbidden to retransmit or copy email and/or
this  attached files without our permission .  If you are not the
addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the
message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message
to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly
notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if you or
your employer does not consent to Internet email for messages of this
kind.  Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that
do not relate to the official business of my firm shall be understood as
neither given nor endorsed by it.