slapd dying ...

Hi all,

I run several OpenLDAP server 2.2.23 + Berkeley 4.2.52 (patched) on Debian
Linux Woody. I have more than 2,000 entries in the directory. I have a LVS
load balancer in front of the slaves. Every slave processes about 50
req/sec.

Once in a while slapd would die. When I restart it everything looks fine
until I do a ldapsearch of the whole directory and find out that the
output of the ldapsearch stops at a specific entry. When I try to stop
slapd, it wouldn't kill the processes. I have to manually kill each one of
them. In order to fix the problem I have to run a db_recover, then restart
slapd.

This problem occured on the master and on the slaves.

I am not sure what is going on.

Would an upgrade to OpenLDAP 2.2.26 fix the problem?
Has anyone experienced the same problem?

I would appreciate any input.

Thanks in advance.
Sam